Robin Cooper Urdu talk show phone prank: "My only friend"

7 Responses to “Robin Cooper Urdu talk show phone prank: "My only friend"”

1. JasonsRobot says:

It should read ‘attempted prank’. Though it was intended to be a prank, it ended up coming off as a sweet exchange between two human beings.

2. liamuk says:

towards the end he says “let us all pray for this sister who-” and then it cuts off. I’d love to know what he was about to say.

minor correction: the language he is speaking in is Urdu.

that is not Arabic , its Urdu the language widely used in Pakistan

4. jennybean42 says:

I have a feeling he knew a lot more English than he was letting on. He was getting 1.50/minute for the call, afterall…

5. George Curious says:

Urdu talk show phone prank=my favorite new hipster indie band name.

6. invisibelle says:

Bummer, I tried to post a rough translation on the original site, but their comment form seems to be broken. So I’m putting it here instead:

Beginning: (unintelligible), at this time we’ll go to the line. Tell us who you are, where you’re from, and your request… salaam alaikum – (robert answers, hello there how are you etc.).. alhamdullilah…
    @0:33: Thank you very much.
    @1:12: Can you hear me?
    @1:22: It seems like your… (sounds like he was about to say your line disconnected)
    @1:39 Sitting with my sister and doing [some other program] during the day, and now doing this program.

Just as the video ends he starts to say “let’s pray for this sister, that…”

I usually have the same blank look on my face if someone asks me a question like that in Hindi/Urdu… comprehension, but trouble remembering how to answer.

The blinged-out outfit and Kenny G are pretty fabulous.