Rich Fulcher's Tiny Acts of Rebellion

Comedian Rich Fulcher is best known for his multiple character roles on the hit BBC comedy series "The Mighty Boosh"—the most notorious of whom is Eleanor—and for his dark sketch comedy show "Snuffbox."

I caught up with him on a Venice Beach rooftop to discuss the release of his very funny new book, Tiny Acts of Rebellion, and to roast s'mores beneath the stars. The resulting Boing Boing Video episode includes gutbusting fits of laughter, and melted marshmallows coated with gravel and cat-hair. Fulcher's a lot better at comedy than he is at cooking campfire treats.

LA folks: Fulcher will be performing this Friday, May 28, at Largo in Los Angeles, with a terrific lineup including Chris Hardwick, Har Mar Superstar, and Neil Hamburger. Maybe Eleanor will make an appearance?

Poster with details below, tickets here, and proceeds benefit a Nashville flood disaster response fund. More Fulcher (and Eleanor) shows in LA and other US cities to follow...

TinyActs_ShowPoster3-640pxB.jpg

richth.jpg( Watch on YouTube or download MP4 | More Boing Boing Video ).

9 Responses to “Rich Fulcher's Tiny Acts of Rebellion”

1. Ninil says:

Thanks a lot! Very good information.

Australian Invest

2. braininavat says:

Xeni:”From law to comedy – how did that happen?”
    doesn’t sound like much of a stretch to me.

3. Powell says:

Xeni, thanks so much ! I hope more people discover Fulcher’s greatness through this

4. Uncle Balsamic says:

Everyone needs to see Snuff Box.

5. Stasw says:

Wish I could see him. His performance as the Marriage Celebrant in the Sara Silverman program was such a beautifully observed combination of preacher sincerity and his trademark creepiness. Love the Bush and Snuffbox!

6. dole says:

Wish I were in the area, also wish Berry and Fulcher would team back up and either do another season of Snuff Box or something similar. Check them out on YouTube, you won’t be sorry. Or maybe you will be.

• Xeni Jardin says:

+++1. Berry and Fulcher together are like diet coke and mentos. Would be amazing to see Snuffbox resurrected.

Thank you (AGAIN!) Xeni Jardin! You introduced me to the Mighty Boosh while I was watching in-flight BoingBoing on Virgin America. That was a moment that changed my life (“…a tiny twisty!…”).

Today I watch your great interview with the Mighty Fulch and got tickets before I was even done with my morning coffee. I may have said it before but BoingBoing is a celebration of life, intelligence, humor, art, and imagination. Frankly, y’all rock!

8. Xeni Jardin says:

Oh wow, so glad you dug the interview. Rich is totally awesome live, and this 1:1 interview was a real treat for us.

Say hi at the show on Friday, I’ll be there with some friends of the Boing!

XJ