Pinterest Bingo

36 Responses to “Pinterest Bingo”

1. Mari Lwyd says:

Related: http://www.pinterestyouaredrunk.com/

If Regretsy were an historically inaccurate Viking horde that ransacked Pinterest and then snidely described the war trophies the result would be pinterestyouaredrunk.

2. Bill says:

You forgot eggs fried in bell peppers.

3. petershultz says:

I know nobody cares, but please call them typefaces not fonts. Unless, of course, you mean the actual technological means of production of the image of the glyphs, then say fonts to your hearts content.

or more simply

font : typeface :: dvd of Star Wars : Star Wars.

• Mark Dow says:

A font is the new typeface you don’t like. Sorry if you need to change the professional glyphs on your business card, or its font.

• Xeni Jardin says:

You’re right, but I like the way the word “font” looks better on this chart. :)

• Godfree says:

Liked because I know how lonely it is to be pedantic. I don’t know if I’ll ever remember the difference between typeface and font, but I sure as hell know when to use an apostrophe and the difference between lie and lay. *Sob.*

4. Kyle Buchanan says:

I still don’t understand what the hell Pinterest is supposed to do.

• From what I have been able to gather, it is something that mid-western housewives and Mormon brides to be are fanatical about.

P.S. if you happen to be both or either of those things, please email me. I have some pinterest questions!! Thanks.

5. Ryan Thompson says:

“EULA you didn’t read” should be the free space.

6. Firda says:

Missing “Keep Calm and Carry On” derivative posters.

7. brinylon says:

Where’s the thinspiration?

8. penguinchris says:

I don’t suppose it’s fair to point out that you can get a good head start with this bingo board by looking at your pinterest boards, xeni :)

There is some plaid on mine (as there is yours – that great plaid madras bow tie which, actually, I’ve been thinking of buying), but nothing else to help with this bingo board. I’ve barely added anything to mine so far, though.

I agree that it got boring rather quickly… I like that they’ve taken the idea behind Tumblr and made it better, but I still like Tumblr more despite its issues.

• Xeni Jardin says:

About 75% of the source images were from my boards, or boards I follow! Guilty as charged.

• penguinchris says:

I don’t mean it in a bad way; actually I selfishly wish you pinned new things more actively as your boards are the most interesting that I follow. I enjoy most of the things on your bingo board, but I prefer not to have to slog through all the dreck and you’re always a good curator :)

• Dean Putney says:

I linked to the madras bow tie! That’s on the Boing Boing board that Xeni and I share. :3

Also, my ties came in and I can attest to their quality. They’re excellent, and test driving mine last night went very well.

9. Tami Chase says:

You’re missing the cleverly painted nails and braided hair (I’m just jealous I haven’t the time or talent for either).

10. nanoquimico says:

There is a clone geared to stereotypical male interest called manteresting. I uploaded some parody pictures there.

11. tylerkaraszewski says:

If someone posts an inspirational cat info graphic, do I get to mark four spaces at once?

If someone posted a link to a “Helvetica temporary tattoo for babies” on etsy, do I get a bingo for the whole first row in a single move?

12. No “Juanita the Weasel” square?

13. erueti says:

Absolutely love a Pinterest invite if you don’t know what to do with yours please?! Thank you to any who can help in advance :) eru.brown (at) gmail.com

14. Jenn says:

Where’s the “Hey Girl” square? Because that’s not overdone AT ALL.

15. Reverend Loki says:

Only mildly related, anyone know of a good site/application that can take 200 some properly formatted images and generate random picture bingo cards?  Yes we’ve Googled it, and not a lot of luck – a lot of hits that are a few key features off, but not close to what we’re aiming for.

16. JmarD says:

I 100% second the nail polish posing pics and wonder where the random or bizarre household tips square is?  Also feeling a fashion square is being missed. The “thinspiration” thing made me laugh out loud. I really hate those.