Oh this is gloriously satisfying. Read the rest
In Switzerland, the state-owned Swissmint says today that a 2.96-millimeter (0.12-inches) gold coin created with Albert Einstein's face on it is the smallest in the world. Read the rest
Researchers in Berlin claim to have succeeded in re-creating the sound of the voice of an Egyptian person who died 3,000 years ago, and was entombed as a mummy. Read the rest
Everybody hurts. No crime was solved.
In the otherwise normal town of Georgetown, South Carolina, a sheriff’s deputy who was investigating a burglary ended up using a stun gun on his own K9 after the police working dog bit a cow, which then charged at both the property owner and the deputy, reports the sheriff’s office.
Still with me?
Good. Read the rest
SPOILER: Nobody got baked. Not that kind of space cookies. Sorry.
“How do they taste? No one knows.” Read the rest
Police in Spain raided two puppy mills and rescued 270 small dogs, many of which were sick and stuffed inside cramped cages.
Five people suspected of running the illegal animal breeding and sales operation were arrested outskirts of Madrid on Thursday. Read the rest
• Hoan Ton-That, founder of facial recognition tech firm Clearview AI, previously connected to Trump world figures and online hate extremists, reports Buzzfeed News
• Chuck Johnson, Mike Cernovich, and Rudy Giuliani are among the linked figures named in Buzzfeed report
• NYPD disputes facial recognition firm Clearview AI's claim that it identified a terrorism suspect Read the rest
Say goodbye to America's wetlands and streams. Say hello to new rivers of pollution, and parking lots where cattails, frogs, and minnows once were. Read the rest
Clearview AI app used by 600+ law enforcement agencies, from local police departments to FBI, DHS
Twitter told law enforcement app maker Clearview AI that its scraping of Twitter images for facial recognition databases violated Twitter policies. Read the rest
Trump seemed awfully uptight today, didn't he. Can it be the impeachment trial?
By 4:25 PM today in Washington, DonaldTrump broke his own previous record of 123 tweets in a single day, a milestone he set just over one month ago, according to Factba.se, 'a service that compiles and analyzes data on Trump’s presidency.' Read the rest
• Whither the in-flight emotional support miniatures horses?
• “Officials highlighted a few areas where they are most eager to get comments, including whether miniatures horses should continue to qualify as service animals”
Proposed new FAA rules would mean no more passengers bringing what are identified as emotional-support animals on airplanes, unless the animals are specially trained dogs that meet requirements. Read the rest